Major benefits of incorporating inside a free trade zone, as opposed to on the UAE’s mainland. However, in brief the companies are entitled to 50 years of zero corporate tax while still being entitled to repatriate the entirety of their profits to a destination of their choice. They also needn’t take a local partner, who must own 51% of the shares, in this case. Today we’ll look at the benefits and procedures of incorporating in the Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA).
- This free zone is a long-established and widely-recognised free zone, having been operating since 1996.
- Key sectors include aviation, freight & logistics and IT & telecommunications, and more than 1600 companies are registered.
- The freezone is conveniently located next to the world’s busiest airport, Dubai International, which has 8000 weekly flights to 140 destinations around the world.
- In addition to full ownership and zero customs duty or taxation, there are no restrictions on labour or currency use and there is direct access to government services like immigration and customs.
- The anticipated timeframe needed to complete the entire incorporation process is no longer than four weeks.
Choosing the right free zone to begin your business transactions from could be a crucial cornerstone of business.